Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lil Wayne Live at The Dome, Johannesburg

Lil Wayne is probably one of the best performers I have ever seen on stage. His charisma and stage presence keeps you fixated on every single word he says. The way he makes you feel like you're the only one in the room is something not every performer can do. He doesn't just rap songs he really talks to his audience and wants them to get to know him. He makes jokes and he's so funny I'm sure he's the clown of the YMCMB group. Here he is at the beginning of the show introducing himself and performing "A Milli". Just to let you know the audio is TERRIBLE on the videos. I was five rows from the stage but in front of really tall people and me being 1.5m didn't help so excuse the shaky video taking and bad audio. From 1:21
its just noise, you can't actually hear the song but some shots are ok.


Some playful comments that Weezy made about being with a South African women and what kind of child would come out. The guy really knows how to massage the female ego. I wonder if he says this about the women in all the countries he visits?


A suprise visit from Drizzy Drake Rogers. I loved the way he brought him out.Please look at Wayne's face on 0:44, he's like a little kid that just got candy. I went crazy when Drake came out I forgot that I was filming a video so he's a bit elusive but you do seem him.




Some random clips of Drizzy and Weezy were performing. Audio still terrible, some shots are ok though. My battery was low so I could never shoot more than a minute or less and then it died. Hopefully you get a feel of what we experienced. I can't describe the feeling of salivating fans hanging onto to every word he uttered and rapping along in unison to every song. The intenstity that Lil Wayne blasts out when he's performing comes from the passion that you can feel is in his very soul which sweats out from every pore in his body. I'm glad I got to see him live, I hope he comes back again.


No comments:

Post a Comment