Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Starting Over

Wow it's been a year and almost two months since I last posted! It just shows what space I was in at that time. I could always start something but never carry on with it. A symptom of lack of motivation and procrastination as an unfavourable attribute. I actually forgot that I had this blog until I was signing up for a new one. I was about to start a new one but then I read through my posts (all two of them haha) and realised that in essence they're still in the same vein of what I want to write about.

I've gone through quite a bit this year and learnt a whole lot. I won't bore you with the mundane details but what I'll tell you is that (I know it's cliche) but I've grown as a person. I experienced things that led me to have to take time out from life for a little while and just take a step back and out of myself to find my way forward. It's safe to say I've found my way again and now I see Life as an ocean waiting to be explored with shores waiting to be discovered instead of this huge mass of water itching to drown me. I've found my purpose so even though I haven't killed off all my old habits it's easier now than ever before.

So on that note I'll be breathing fresh air into my blog. I'll be sharing my opinions on movies and plays (yes, I go to the theatre now) that I've watched, music I've listened to, books I've read, art exhibitions (yes I go to these too) that I've had the pleasure of viewing and events that I've found myself at. Hence the name change of my blog to Just An Opinion from Food For Thought. I'll also post random funny things up that I find amusing and entertaining. Of course I'll still write about social issues that are important to me and I'll share my analysis on current affairs but that won't be all I write about. My blog won't just be about stuffy serious issues anymore but will also incorporate my life experiences and my love of all things cultural. My reviews will also be based on mostly local products because I'm a firm believer that "local is lekker" and its up to us South Africans to push our products because if we don't no one else will

I hope you enjoy reading the new content on my blog just as much as I will enjoy writing it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment